Saturday 7 April 2012

Studio Lighting



I really liked this project because it gave me the chance to experiment with different types of studio lighting. It was definitely harder than I thought it would be, but I think I finished with some pretty great shots! To shoot these photos I used my Canon Rebel XS, with my basic 18-55mm lens. For the first photo I used a shutter speed of 1/50 and an aperture of 5.0. I attempted 2:1 ratio lighting by placing two lights on her left and one on her right. This gives a great look to any photo if done correctly and I am very pleased with my results. For my second photo I used a shutter speed of 1/50 and an aperture of 5.6. I used similar lighting as the first photo, but made Alicia pose looking to one side so I could get a profile shot. I really like this photo because the lighting causes a shadow to fall along her jaw bone, accentuating it. For the last photo I used a shutter speed to 1/30 and an aperture of 4.5. I used pretty balanced lighting in this photo with one light on each side. Overall, I had a lot of fun with this. I took many photos and the 3 I chose I obviously liked the best. Alicia and I had a lot of fun shooting this and I was probably inspired the most just by the joking atmosphere we had. We were goofing around just taking a lot of silly photos while experimenting with the different lights and seeing what would happen if we moved each one. We had fun and I shot some great photos in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment