Sunday 25 March 2012

Playing with mixed lighting


This assignment was to take photo involving mixed lighting, so daylight combined with an added light source. I took this photo of my lovely model Vanessa using my Canon Rebel XS. The shutter speed was set to 1/60 and the aperture was 7.1. I used a basic 18-55mm lens. This photo includes natural light from the window outside, a fill light with the school lights above, and I used a reflector sheet to bounce the outdoor light onto the other side of my subject. I think this is a beautiful candid shot because I caught her laughing. The yellow light from outside mixed with the white light of the interior creates a joyful mood to this photo. I was obviously inspired by the gorgeous weather outside to create this happy photo. I had fun experimenting with mixed light and think I had a great outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment